sábado, 27 de outubro de 2012

Final de Semana - "New York, New York"

Neste sábado, nossa faixa musical traz um dos grandes clássicos da música mundial: “New York, New York”, com o inesquecível Frank Sinatra.

Escrita originalmente para o filme de mesmo nome rodado em 1977 e com direção de Martin Scorsese, logo se transformou em um dos grandes “standards” da música mundial. Uma ode à “cidade que nunca dorme”.

Apresento aqui gravação do ano de 1982, obviamente na voz de Sinatra.

“New York, New York”

(John Kander e Fred Ebb)

Start spreading the news,
I'm leaving today
I want to be part of it,
New York, New York

These vagabond shoes
Are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it,
New York, New York

I wanna wake up in a city
That doesn't sleep
And find I'm king of the hill,
Top of the heap

These little town blues
Are melting away.
I'll make a brand new start of it,
In old New York.

If I can make it there,
I'll make it anywhere.
It's up to you,
New York, New York.
New York, New York.

I want to wake up in that city
That never sleeps
And find I'm a number one
Top of the list,
King of the hill,
A number one.

These little town blues
(all) melting away.

I'm gonna make
A brand new start of it
In old New York.

And if I can make it there,
I'm gonna make it anywhere.
It's up to you,
New York,
New York!
New York!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Observação: somente um membro deste blog pode postar um comentário.